Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Hannah Hart, Starkid, John Green, oh my!

Day two and three of LeakyCon were just amazing! Well, day three was better. Thursday was mostly panels including the Tampa Bay, Nerdfighteria, Doctor Who and Tumblr meet ups. This is a picture of the Doctor Who meet up where there was a cosplay fashion show.


But I also had a chance to explore the Marketplace, which housed all the vendors and artists. During my time at LeakyCon I bought a lot of gifts for others, and some things for myself including a Game of Thrones sweatshirt, a LeakyCon t-shirt, stickers for my laptop, a poster, bracelets and probably more things that I cannot remember. The size of the Marketplace was astounding, there was something for everyone there.



There were also life-size cut outs of Black Widow, Falcon, Iron Man and the Hulk! I REALLY wanted to buy one, but I restrained myself. I don't think that it would fit in my dorm room.



Friday was great. I got up really early to get in line to get tickets for that days autographs. The LeakyCon website explains their autograph process here: "access to all autograph sessions will be granted via drawings on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings. Attendance at this drawing is the only way to assure your spot in the signing."  It was a really good idea and I got tickets to meet YouTube sensations Hannah Hart and Team Starkid! I was beyond excited! It was a dream come true. 

First was Hannah Hart, and she was super duper nice. She stood up the entire time, shook everyone's hand and introduced herself to each person. It was really easy to talk to her for the brief time I had the chance. I chose to have people sign my LeakyCon programming guide and I love it!




Later in the day, me and a friend got to meet Team Starkid. Starkid is responsible for A Very Potter Musical, A Very Potter Sequel, A Very Potter Senior Year, Starship, Twisted and other musicals. I do not have any pictures of them because I did not bring my camera that day and I temporarily lost my phone. But I got it back! It was an emotional fifteen minutes but everything was alright in the end. 

Instead of pictures of Starkid, I do have a picture of all the autographs that I collected in my programming guide.


I think they all look pretty cool, right?

I also met Mary Kate Wiles (Lydia Bennet) and Maxwell Glick (Ricky Collins) from the Lizzie Bennet Diaries in the Marketplace, and they were so nice! I tweeted them the picture after LeakyCon and they both responded and it was amazing. By the way, I am cosplaying Marty McFly from Back to the Future.


Friday ended with me meeting the one and only . . . JOHN GREEN! I waited in line for a while, but it was totally worth it. I met some new friends and got John to autograph my "Don't Forget to be Awesome" poster that is now hanging in my dorm room. He must have met at least a hundred people that night and he could not have been more friendly. We were moved along at a pretty quick rate, but I wouldn't have traded it for the world. 




And that was the end to Friday! Saturday was filled with Starship: Requiem and the Esther Earl Rocking Charity Ball and a whole lot of fun.

Until then, thanks for reading!
Love,
Kara


No comments:

Post a Comment