Thursday, September 25, 2014

I'm At College!

Five weeks ago I moved into my dorm room and started college in Washington, D.C. It has been a hectic, but amazing few weeks filled with new friends, new classes and new sights. So far my favorite part has been making new friends and discovering what college life is all about.

Earlier in the summer, my parents and I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to go shopping for all my dorm room needs. While I do not have a theme to my side of the room, I do seem to have gotten a lot of gray, white, black, hot pink, and navy blue decorations. I also have accumulated posters and pictures of friends and family to adorn my walls and drawers.



My poster signed by the one and only John Green!
My roommate is the best! She painted this for my birthday! Slytherin pride!
My desk. It's usually not as clean as this!
Nothing is complete without Minnie ears, the TARDIS and Falcon. 
My bit of the bookshelf. Couldn't leave Harry Potter at home!
My mirror area where everything beauty related is kept 
Makeup! And more Slytherin pride on the side!
Quidditch World Cup poster signed by Joey Richter, Joe Moses, Joe Walker and Brian Rosenthal!
Part One of the DVD collection 
Part Two . . .
And I had Mom and Dad send up Kit and Samantha so my roommate and I can go to the American Girl Place!!
Since I am undecided, I am taking a bunch of General Education courses so I don't have to worry about them later on. Right now I am taking five classes: Social Media for Social Change, Cross-Cultural Communications, Understanding Media, Jane Austen and Her World, and College Writing Intensive. I'm lucky that I actually like all of my classes and I find them all interesting. My favorite is probably Jane Austen and Her World because I love the professor and we get all six of Austen's novels. Who wouldn't want to do that? You can see which books I am reading (for school and for fun) on my Goodreads page.

Just a selection of what I am reading this semester
It's definitely weird not living with my parents and sister anymore, but I adjusted really quickly. I think it helped me that I made friends pretty quickly and socialized rather kept to myself in my room. One of the things that I need to work on is time management. I usually stay up until midnight or later doing homework because I was socializing earlier in the evening. I hope to get better at that soon so I can get more sleep and catch up on TV shows like Doctor Who. On that note, this fall is going to be good for TV because of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (that premiere was crazy emotional), How To Get Away With Murder (Viola Davis . . . Need I say more?) and Gracepoint (will it be as good as Broadchurch?).

Link
Link
Link
Well that's it for this post, more words than pictures than words I'm afraid. But the next post will be about my trip to the top of the Washington Monument and the other memorials around the National Mall. Thanks for reading!

Love,
Kara

P.S. This is my 40th post! How crazy is that?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment