Thursday, November 6, 2014

Doughnuts and Chicken & Waffles?!? Yes Please!

Hello everybody!

A few weeks ago one of my classes decided to play a game of assassin. For most of the game, the way to kill our given targets was to throw a piece of paper at the target without them seeing. The winner and the person who made the most kills would get a free lunch from our program assistant (a PA). And guess what?! I tied with someone else for most kills! Don't know why I'm so excited about that . . . But I was also the runner-up! So that's good! Along with two other people from our class and our PA, went to GBD in Dupont Circle.

Now I love chicken & waffles and this obsession can be seen in many posts on this blog. So when we had to decide on a restaurant and my PA suggested GBD, it was a new brainer. They have an actual restaurant area and takeout. Since the actual restaurant area had a wait of 40 minutes, we decided to get takeout and sit at the tables at the front of the restaurant.



What to choose?
For brunch, GBD has a deal that it is only $3 more if you pair a doughnut and coffee with your entrée. So we all of course had to do that! Three out of four (including me) got chicken & waffles and the other girl got the GBD Poutine (which looked so good!). Now, onto to the doughnuts! I got a pumpkin spice doughnut, two of my friends got Nutella doughnuts and the last one got a vanilla glazed doughnut. When they arrived, we tried to get the perfect Instagram pic (which you can see on my Instagram @thekschiap).


Trying to get the perfect shot!

Then came the all waited chicken & waffles! While not as delicious as the sweet potato-cornmeal-bacon chicken & waffles from Lowcountry Bistro in Charleston, SC that I wrote about HERE, it was still really good. The chicken was tender and the waffles sweet. I only wished that I had gotten syrup with it, which might have been due to the fact that we technically got takeout. 


Before catching the bus back to campus, we stopped by the Dupont Circle Farmers Market for a look around. Lots of apples, which is to be expected, and lots of fresh fruits and veggies that I wanted to buy! It made me want to cook!









After getting back to campus, I couldn't help but notice how beautiful it looked with the changing colors of the leaves, bright autumn sun, and crisp and cool air. It reminded me why I chose to go to school where there are seasons. I absolutely love fall and I can't wait for the first snowfall!




Then I spent the rest of that Sunday writing papers and doing homework, which seems to be my life at the moment. I have so many papers and projects to complete before the end of the semester in the middle of December. Does anyone have any tips for surviving finals? Anyways, thanks for reading! See you next time!

Love,
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment