Sunday, January 4, 2015

Yummy Brunch in Newburyport

When I first arrived in Massachusetts three weeks ago Mom and I went to one of our favorite restaurants in Newburyport, Ceia Kitchen + Bar. We went for brunch, which is my favorite meal because I can sleep in late and still eat breakfast foods! It is also perfect on a chilly, December day.

We started off with an apple muffin halved and toasted, with honey butter and a cranberry compote. The muffin was moist and delicious, and perfect with the honey butter. We ate the cranberry compote on its own, and while not as good as Mom's cranberry sauce, it was still delicious.



Looks like the Jolly Roger is casually flying over Newburyport!
For our main dishes Mom chose the Braised Lamb "Croque Madame," and I got the Steak and Eggs with grilled carrots and potatoes. Both were really good and my steak was perfectly cooked.



We ended up going back to Ceia on Christmas Eve for lunch with Dad and Emma. I got the lobster Benedict, which was pretty good. I did think, however, that there was not enough lobster on it. Overall Ceia is one of my favorite restaurants that we have found in Massachusetts so far. I look forward to trying new restaurants in the coming years. Thanks for reading!

Love,
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment