Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 New Years Resolutions

Happy New Years everybody! I am going to show you guys my new years resolutions for 2015. I am hoping that since I am posting this online for people to see, that I will actually complete some of them. During the year I want to do quarterly check-ups where I will write down how I am doing with each of my resolutions. Without further ado, here are my resolutions!



1. Learn the D.C. bus system (Or at least how to get to Dupont Circle, Georgetown, and Columbia Heights). The buses are faster and cheaper than the subway, so it is something that I should have learned last semester. But c'est la vie

2. Cook more in the dorm. I do love to cook, so this should be an easy one. But since I am living on my own I actually have to remember to get groceries and to pick recipes that I can cook in a small kitchen. I do own cookbooks, however, that are specifically geared for college students and teens that will help me complete this resolution.

3. Be more adventurous. This has to do with life in general and with trying new foods. I want to be less picky with what I eat. I just read Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain, and it made me think about how my food is created in restaurants and how much work goes into my meal. I want to develop the philosophy that the chef chooses the ingredients to go in the particular dishes, so I should trust them and not ask for dishes to be served without an ingredient. 

4. Read 30 books. In 2014, I read 25 books. This count included the books I read for school and the books that I read for pleasure. I have chosen to challenge myself to read 30 books in 2015. I log what I have read on my Goodreads account, which encourages me to actually complete the challenge. 

5. Explore D.C.. This one is pretty self explanatory. I want to go to all the Smithsonian museums, find new restaurants with great lunch deals, and coffee shops with free internet and fantastic coffee drinks. 

6. Eat better and exercise more. I feel like everybody says this every year, but I am still going to try. I want to take a fitness class at the gym at school because then I feel obligated to go and exercise. The eating better is a bit harder because it is so easy to eat EasyMac or dessert from the cafeteria. This is where the cooking more comes into play because then I can cook healthier and more balanced meals.  

And those are my 2015 new years resolutions! What are yours? Thanks for reading!

Love,
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment