Sunday, December 1, 2013

Fun in Massachusetts

For the past few days my family and I have been in Massachusetts before Thanksgiving. On Sunday we visited Plimoth Plantation which consists of the Wampanoag Homesite, the recreated Plymouth from the 17th century, a craft building and a barn. It was really interesting to hear the opinions of the role players from the 17th century. They spoke in old English accents and they are really in character. I would recommend Plimoth Plantation to anyone. Afterwards, we went to a local restaurant for lunch where I got delicious Arancini (Italian rice balls) with a side of spinach. Here are some pictures from Plimoth and lunch:

The Entrance Gate 
Duck Stew being made at the Wampanoag Homesite
A great view from the walkway between the Wampanoag Homesite and Plymouth village
The recreated village
A woman making lace in the craft area. Amazing!
One last beautiful view!
A nice mug of tea on a chilly day!
The Arancini with mozzarella and parmesan
On Wednesday we went into Boston, even though it was rainy and chilly. We wandered around Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market doing Christmas shopping and exploring. For lunch, we met up with one of my dad's friends and ate at Wagamama. I first went to Wagamama in Covent Garden in London this past summer, and I loved it! It was the perfect place to go on a rainy day. Lots of soups, noodle bowls, curries, etc. The best thing to warm you up. After that we went on Newbury Street to do more shopping and go to a little coffee shop called Pavements which I absolutely love. I got the pumpkin cupcake and a hot apple cider. Yum!
Pretty Christmas Tree in Quincy Market!

Faneuil Hall in the Christmas spirit!
Christmas Decorations in Quincy Market
Pretty stars in the Rotunda of Quincy Market
Dad's Firecracker Chicken at Wagamama
My Chicken Ramen
Mom's Yaki Soba
My sister's red velvet cupcake and my pumpkin cupcake
Mom's latte with a pretty design on top
A happy face on my apple cider!
For dinner, we went to the Legal C Bar on Market Street in Lynnfield where I got the steamed lobster. I only get this when I am up north and I wasn't disappointed.
Now back home for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment