Thursday, April 16, 2015

Easter at Home!

Two weeks ago I went home to Massachusetts for Easter. It was really nice to see my parents, my sister, and my pets. The last time I was home was at Christmas, so it was cool to see the house without tons of unopened boxes and actually painted. 

I flew in the Friday before Easter and left Easter Sunday in the afternoon. Saturday I went to see Emma ice skate, went to Legal Sea Bar for lunch, got my nails done (yay!), and dyed Easter eggs. 

Saturday night was our "Easter dinner" with lamb, raita, hummus, and naan. Emma and Mom decorated the table and drank champagne with our fancy dinner.


How cute is this!! 
So good!!
The next day we went to brunch at Bambara in Cambridge. It was a buffet, which was good but not great. The Easter bunny who was taking photos with the kids was scary. Maybe it's because I'm not a kid anymore, but that costume was creepy. I avoided the bunny when I could. I wanted to try a little bit of everything. But my favorite was the waffle that I topped with whipped cream, fresh berries and honey. It was super yummy!

Berries with greek yogurt, a sausage patty, bread and cheese
Eggs Benedict and roast pork loin with apple butter
My waffle creation!
After brunch we went to Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market before I had to get to the airport. We wandered around Urban Outfitters, Ann Taylor and Quincy Market (where I had a fantastic latte).

It was sad to leave my family, but they are coming to Washington, D.C. in a week to take a lot of my stuff home. It's crazy to think that my freshman year is almost over!! It has gone by so fast. 

See you next time!
Kara

1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a lovely meal! My Easter sunday consisted of watching films with my folks.
    xx

    ReplyDelete