Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Traveling to India!

So we are in India! We arrived at our hotel (the Westin Gurgaon) at 2 am Sunday and we were pretty darn tired. We started our journey Friday night with our flight to Frankfurt, Germany. We left Boston around 10 pm EST and got into Germany the next morning. I have never been in business class, and let me say, it is very nice. I was able to sleep the entire way (and I can never do that) because I was able to lay down. The chair reclines fully back, which is very helpful and makes all the difference! I woke up for breakfast and looked out the window at the beautiful views as we flew over Europe.

Photo from my Instagram @thekschiap
After disembarking from the plane, we walked from one terminal to the other to the Luftansa business lounge. We ate a little bit and then boarded the next plane from Frankfurt to Delhi, which I also slept for most of it. When I wasn't sleeping I was reading A Clash of Kings, which is the second novel in A Song of Ice and Fire series. I love the TV series, and the books are just as good (maybe better??).
View from my seat at the Frankfurt Airport
Our plane landed in Delhi at 12:40 am and we immediately set out to customs. It was pretty easy and before we knew it Mom and I were stepping out into the heat and humidity, which would become synonymous to our stay in Delhi. We waited for the car and then got our first experience of driving in Delhi. We have not been to Bangalore yet (we leave tonight), but driving in Delhi seems to be the most terrifying thing in the universe. People don't follow the rules, lanes seem to be more like guidelines, people walk across the street at random, and motorcycles and bikes are everywhere.  our driver had nerves of steel and no fear.

As soon as we got to the hotel, we checked in and went up to our room. It is a beautiful hotel with a pretty great breakfast buffet. We had a view of the highway in front of our hotel.


Our view
We were exhausted and fell asleep almost immediately in preparation for our busy first day in Delhi. I can't wait to share our adventures with you!

See you next time!
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment