Thursday, May 26, 2016

Summer plans and goals

Since I didn't make 2016 resolutions, I am going to make Summer 2016 goals. But first I must tell you what I am doing this summer. 
  • Interning as a Publicity and Promotions intern at Allied Integrated Marketing. Right now I am mostly doing office work and some errands (delivering flyers for promo events, doing grassroot outreach and research, etc.). I like it so far and it is in one of my fields of choice (them being entertainment, fashion and travel). There are some great perks as well: seeing/working screenings of films, getting promo items and getting to work on movies that I am already excited about. On Tuesday I was able to see "Alice Through the Looking Glass," which was super cool. Having this internship will allow me to sort of figure out what I want to do with my life. 
  • Working at Georgetown Cupcakes. I know! For about 20 hours per week I am surrounded by cupcakes of every color, and packaging them for the hundreds of people that come through doors of their original Georgetown location. 
  • AwesomeCon. Another summer, another comic con. I cannot wait for this one too. Matthew Lewis, Peter Capaldi, Jenna Coleman, Karl Urban, John Barrowman, and many more. It is literally my dream come true. Rest assured I will be posting recaps and photos on here!
  • Going back to Florida. As I said, the family is moving back to Florida and I am going to go down to help unpack. We will also be going to Disney World . . . YES!
  • Hanging out with my friends in DC. Lots of BBQs in my friends' backyard, watching movies, going to museums and a whole lot more. The possibilities are endless. 
Now onto my goals. These are a bit harder to come up with because close to half the year is gone and I don't have a "clean slate" like the beginning of a year.
  1. Read one to two books per month, depending on which books. Right now I am reading the last novel in "A Song of Ice and Fire" (AKA "Game of Thrones"), which will probably take me the entire month. But I will finish it!
  2. On my days off, doing something interesting instead of staying in my apartment each day. Even if its going to the local coffee shop and reading outside, I just want to get out of my apartment. 
  3. Watch a couple of new movies. My dad and I are compiling lists for one another on movies we think the other should see. I've already watched "Snatch" and "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels," and I have more on my list that I need to watch. Any suggestions? Leave a comment!
  4. *As always* exercise. I have time and I should just get myself in gear and run, do some yoga, go to the gym, etc.
  5. Try new recipes. I don't want to get into a rut, making the same things each night for dinner. I need to get out of my cooking comfort zone and learn some new cooking skills! 
  6. Put my all into my internship and into my job. They are both things that I like doing and I should always be putting in my best effort. Some days I can already feel myself slacking a bit, I can't let that happen. 
That's it for now! I might come up with more as time goes on. I'm not sure what the next post will be about . . . Maybe some photos from the EU Open House Embassy Tour that I did a couple of weeks ago. But we'll see! Have a great day!!

Thanks for reading, 
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment