Since I didn't make 2016 resolutions, I am going to make Summer 2016 goals. But first I must tell you what I am doing this summer.
- Interning as a Publicity and Promotions intern at Allied Integrated Marketing. Right now I am mostly doing office work and some errands (delivering flyers for promo events, doing grassroot outreach and research, etc.). I like it so far and it is in one of my fields of choice (them being entertainment, fashion and travel). There are some great perks as well: seeing/working screenings of films, getting promo items and getting to work on movies that I am already excited about. On Tuesday I was able to see "Alice Through the Looking Glass," which was super cool. Having this internship will allow me to sort of figure out what I want to do with my life.
- Working at Georgetown Cupcakes. I know! For about 20 hours per week I am surrounded by cupcakes of every color, and packaging them for the hundreds of people that come through doors of their original Georgetown location.
- AwesomeCon. Another summer, another comic con. I cannot wait for this one too. Matthew Lewis, Peter Capaldi, Jenna Coleman, Karl Urban, John Barrowman, and many more. It is literally my dream come true. Rest assured I will be posting recaps and photos on here!
- Going back to Florida. As I said, the family is moving back to Florida and I am going to go down to help unpack. We will also be going to Disney World . . . YES!
- Hanging out with my friends in DC. Lots of BBQs in my friends' backyard, watching movies, going to museums and a whole lot more. The possibilities are endless.
Now onto my goals. These are a bit harder to come up with because close to half the year is gone and I don't have a "clean slate" like the beginning of a year.
- Read one to two books per month, depending on which books. Right now I am reading the last novel in "A Song of Ice and Fire" (AKA "Game of Thrones"), which will probably take me the entire month. But I will finish it!
- On my days off, doing something interesting instead of staying in my apartment each day. Even if its going to the local coffee shop and reading outside, I just want to get out of my apartment.
- Watch a couple of new movies. My dad and I are compiling lists for one another on movies we think the other should see. I've already watched "Snatch" and "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels," and I have more on my list that I need to watch. Any suggestions? Leave a comment!
- *As always* exercise. I have time and I should just get myself in gear and run, do some yoga, go to the gym, etc.
- Try new recipes. I don't want to get into a rut, making the same things each night for dinner. I need to get out of my cooking comfort zone and learn some new cooking skills!
- Put my all into my internship and into my job. They are both things that I like doing and I should always be putting in my best effort. Some days I can already feel myself slacking a bit, I can't let that happen.
That's it for now! I might come up with more as time goes on. I'm not sure what the next post will be about . . . Maybe some photos from the EU Open House Embassy Tour that I did a couple of weeks ago. But we'll see! Have a great day!!
Thanks for reading,