Monday, May 26, 2014

Day Three of Road Trip Extravaganza

For the last part of the road trip extravaganza, Mom and I (once again) woke up at 6 am to drive for seven hours. We checked out of the Dupont Circle Hotel and drove to I-95 North. We stopped at a Starbucks for breakfast and a bathroom break. I got a Grande Awake tea with a warmed blueberry scone and Mom got a Venti iced latte with a protein box.


We then continued driving whilst listening to Stuff You Missed in History Class. I love this podcast because I am able to learn about interesting topics in a fun way. We listed to an array of subjects from the founder of the Moulin Rouge to the 1918 Spanish Influenza.

We got to Delaware pretty quickly and Mom and I were so excited to being so close to our end destination!

Please ignore the messy windshield!
We have a lot of family in New Jersey, so Mom and I decided to stop and have lunch with my grandparents. The four of us went to the Cheesecake Factory at Bridgewater Commons. I ordered the California Cheesesteak sandwich without the mushrooms. It was better than I had expected with the sandwich on a toasted French baguette, and the peppers and onions still had some crunch.


After this food break, Mom and I were back on the road through New Jersey and onto New York.


While I was driving, Mom took some cool pictures of the bridge and the faint NYC skyline. I will have more pictures later this week when Mom and I actually go to NYC.




Then we entered Connecticut, where we had lived for two years so Mom took some pictures of the signs of cities where we had lived and places that we loved.





In Connecticut, we saw the first sign for Boston . . . Huzzah! So close!!


Finally after three days of driving, Mom and I entered the state of Massachusetts and got home to Mom’s apartment.


It was nice to get back to where I could unpack and relax. It was also nice to be able to sleep in this morning and not have to get into a car for eight hours. Instead of going out (we were exhausted) Mom and I stayed in, picked up Italian food from Pavarotti’s (I got shrimp scampi . . . YUM!) and watched Food Network. All in all, last night was a relaxing evening after a busy three days.


Check back tomorrow for what Mom and I do in Boston for Memorial Day. As always, thanks for reading!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment