Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day in Boston

After waking up late (Well late for me, like 8:30 am), Mom and I had a lazy morning before heading off to breakfast. We went to a local place called D’Amici’s where we both had the Uno sandwich with ham. It was very busy, so we had to wait for a little bit, but the sandwiches themselves were very good.


Then Mom and I headed to Massage Envy for a one-hour massage, but I don’t have any pictures of that!

After the massage, we drove into Boston to wander around the North End. The North End is one of my favorite neighborhoods in Boston because of all the history and FOOD! For those of you that don’t know, the North End is the Italian neighborhood, so there are so many Italian restaurants.

We first went to Quincy Market and watched the Red Trouser Show. They were really entertaining, funny, and one of the best street shows that I have ever seen.











Before eating, however, Mom and I walked to the Paul Revere house, which she had never been to. I could not take any pictures inside, but I have some of the exterior.




We also went to some of the little boutiques on Hanover Street, which runs through the heart of the North End. I got a sweater (I know, really useful in summer), shorts and a hat. I always love going into these shops because I know that what I get will be unique.

Continuing our walk through history, Mom and I went to the Old North Church. Two years ago, our family had stayed at the Skinny House about a block away from the Old North Church. It was really nice to be able to stay so close to the North End. The Old North Church is famous for its role during the American Revolution, but there is more history than that. We also enjoyed taking pictures in the garden outside of the church.


















When we were getting a little peckish, Mom and I went to Quattro restaurant at the corner of Hanover St. and Parmenter St. The inside was really clean and sleek, and the menu is amazing. We decided to order an appetizer of a mozzarella, prosciutto, basil and tomato salad. It was fresh and delicious.



For our entrée, I got the Napoletana pizza with cheese and Mom got the fig, arugula and goat cheese pizza. Both of them were amazing because of the brick oven.



As you can see, I loved mine!


For an after meal drink, Mom and I went to a new coffee shop called The Thinking Cup. I got a hot chocolate and Mom got a latte. The hot chocolate was nice and bitter, better than Starbucks.




We also got two cannoli (the singular is cannolo) for later, but I didn’t get a chance to take a picture because we ate them so fast. They were yummy, but not as good as Mike’s.

That evening, Mom and I watched the film Pitch Perfect with Anna Kendrick. I had heard a lot about this movie, and I have wanted to see it for a while. Lets just say that I will watch this movie many more times. It was hilarious and cute and touching. The singing was also amazing! We also started the newest Great Gatsby movie with Leonardo DiCaprio, but I won’t say anything until we finish it (hopefully tonight).

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment telling me what you think. I’ll be back tomorrow with how I made Shrimp and Grits for Mom and I. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment