Friday, May 30, 2014

Nails, Hair, and Food

Well the last few days have not been exciting enough for daily posts. On Tuesday and Thursday I ran errands to Target and Whole Foods. I have learnt that I should never be allowed in a Whole Foods by myself because I want to buy everything.

On Tuesday Mom and I got our nails done. On my toes I have Big Apple Red because tomorrow I am going to the Big Apple. On my fingers I (think) I have ElePhantastic Pink which is just a nice peachy pink for summer.



Wednesday, I went to an Aveda salon to get my hair colored and cut. I decided to go ombre from dark to light. At first I was a little nervous, but I love it!

Sorry for the silly face!
That night I made Shrimp and Grits using some of the grits that we had bought in Charleston. I used a recipe from Saveur. It was yummy, but not traditional nor my favorite. I love Shrimp and Grits so I have to find another recipe! Anyone have any good ones?


On Thursday I made Piri Piri Chicken, which is the specialty of the British restaurant Nando’s. The recipe is from Sorted Food, which is always fun to watch for the recipes and the guys. I will definitely use more of their recipes in the future for they are always delicious. I served the chicken with some orzo. YUM!


While I was at Target, I found the new Ben and Jerry's line of "core" ice creams. I got the "Hazed and Confused" one with hazelnut and chocolate ice creams with a core of chocolate and hazelnut. It was so delicious! It tasted like Nutella! YUM!



I also started watching Game of Thrones on Thursday and I am on season one episode four. And it is amazing! Why didn’t I watch this sooner? I now need to watch all of it this summer! Right now I am in love with Daenerys Targaryen, Arya Stark and Jon Snow. If you watch Game of Thrones, then who is your favorite character? If you don’t watch it, then you should!!

Thanks for reading and I will be back this tomorrow with Mom and I’s trip to New York City to see family and friends, to eat delicious food, and to see Of Mice and Men.


Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment