Saturday, May 31, 2014

New York Day One

I love NYC. I just love it. So the day that Mom and I left for New York, I was super excited. In the morning I watched some more Game of Thrones, and at 12:45 pm we left. According to Google Maps, the drive should take 3 hours and 39 minutes. It took us 5 hours and 30 minutes to drive here. But no matter, the views from the Whitestone Bridge were beautiful despite all the traffic.




We are staying at the Affinia Dumont, which is in the heart of Midtown. We have stayed here once before and loved it. The rooms are nice, clean and modern with great views. You just can’t beat a nice view of the Big Apple.



After freshening up in the room, Mom and I took a cab to the Upper West side to meet with my aunt and her husband for dinner. We met at Bustan, a Mediterranean restaurant on Amsterdam and 83rd.




For starters, we got the shrimp with garlic, soft shell crab and an egg burek (which is an egg inside some Moroccan dough and then fried). I didn’t have the egg, but the shrimp and crab were yummy!




For my entrée I got the Moroccan spiced poached halibut that was served in the small pot that it was cooked in. It was really cool looking and yummy. It came with Israeli couscous and garbanzo beans.


And of course we had to get dessert. We decided on the Moroccan doughnuts with a trio of dipping sauces (guava, chocolate and raspberry). It was amazing. I mean, what could be better than doughnuts and chocolate?


After dinner, as we were walking and looking for a cab, I spotted a sign for 22 Jump Street that someone had graffitied. It is a nice message about media and violence, especially after all the recent shootings that have occurred in the US recently.



Thanks for reading! And I’ll see you tomorrow with New York Day Two!

No comments:

Post a Comment