Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Day in the Life | Dim Sum and a Cupcake

Hello! This past Sunday my family met up with two of Dad’s friends from high school and their families for Dim Sum in Chinatown. Dim Sum is, according Merriam-Webster, traditional Chinese meal made up of small dishes. We went to the Empire Garden on Washington St., which used to be a theatre and is now a beautiful restaurant.



Our family has been to this restaurant for Dim Sum a number of times and it is always delicious. The wait staff pushes carts around with tons of small dishes, you pick what you want from said cart, and then your card is stamped with what dishes you picked. When your stomach is bursting at the seams and you admit defeat, then you bring your card to the front desk and pay.

I really enjoy eating Dim Sum in Chinatown because you know that the food will be authentic. When Americans usually think of Chinese food, they think of orange chicken, lo mein, and sweet and sour chicken. But at the Empire Garden, there were mostly wontons and dumplings. We also had noodles, vegetables and tea. Without further ado, here are the pictures of Dim Sum.











After eating enough food to last us until dinnertime, we headed out into Boston to walk it off. We went to the Boston Gardens to go on a swan boat. The last time I had done this, it was freezing and I couldn’t wait to get off. This time, however, it was warm and comfortable. I took lots of photos of the ducks, swans and water. I love taking photos of water because it is always different and, as Pocahontas says “You never step in the same river twice.”








We walked up and down Newbury Street, strolling in and out of cute boutiques and lamenting over the fact the all of Juicy Couture’s US stores are closed. Or at least Mom and I were. Before going back to the car, we stopped for some cupcakes at Georgetown Cupcakes. As if you couldn’t guess, I LOVE cupcakes! If I could eat them everyday, then I would. I got the Mocha Fudge cupcake and Em got the chocolate cupcake. Both were really yummy.




It was a delicious ending to an overall delicious day! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment