Sunday, June 22, 2014

Washington, D.C. Day Three and Four | College and Georgetown

Bienvenue! On Monday and Tuesday I had college orientation. We listened to presentations about living in dorms, the community, getting involved, and meeting fellow students. It was a long two days, but a lot of fun. I am excited, but nervous, about the upcoming year. I’m scared that I won’t be able to make friends quickly, I’m afraid that I’ll get really homesick, I’m afraid that the classes will be too hard and I’m afraid that I won’t have any “alone time.” But I’m also excited for the new experiences, decorating my dorm, meeting new people, learning new things and starting my adult life. I don’t know what I want to major in, but I’m thinking something to do with media and maybe French. This semester I’ll be taking general education courses in writing, business, justice, literature and media. It’ll be an exciting semester and I hope that I’m still writing this in six months when my first semester at college is over.

After coming back to the hotel after the second day of orientation, I planned on napping for ten minutes. As you could expect, that ten minutes turned into forty minutes. Since I had done that, we had to rush to get ready for dinner. We went into Georgetown to find a restaurant that wasn’t too fancy or expensive. We ended up going to J. Paul’s where we were able to watch Russia-South Korea match from our table. They served us pretzels straight away (YES!) and then we ordered our entrĂ©es. I got the seafood pasta with scallops, shrimp and clams, and Emma got the BBQ Ribs. Again, I did not think that she would finish it but she got close.

Yes, a ten-year-old girl ate most of this! 

After dinner we wandered around the town before we got a little something-something for dessert. Emma got frozen yogurt from Pinkberry, and Dad and I got cookies from Dean & Deluca. I got a raspberry window and hazelnut sandwich. Dad got a football cookie in honor of the World Cup (which we are watching right now as I type).
  


One last post about D.C. will be uploaded tomorrow, and I haven’t planned what I want to post afterwards. Anyone have any ideas? Anyways, thanks for reading about fears and hopes for college. Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment