Sunday, June 8, 2014

Food, Biking, and TFIOS

Sorry that I haven’t posted lately . . . I was busy and I wasn’t motivated to blog. I need to find more motivation to do this. But enough with this, on with what I did last week!

On Tuesday I was supposed to go on a photography tour of Beacon Hill, but it was canceled. Instead I stayed at home and watched Game of Thrones, which I am obsessed with now. Mom came home early and we decided to go down to Boston to take a walk and eat dinner. We walked around the Greenway from Faneuil Hall, pass the Aquarium and to the end.










Then we went to the North End for dinner. When Mom and I go to the North End, we always try to go to new restaurants. This time we went to Parla, a new restaurant on Hanover Street. The menu has really interesting choices and I would really recommend it. It was intimate and unique and yummy.


For an appetizer, we had the boar meatballs with tomato sauce.


My entrée was quail egg carbonara and Mom got the striped bass with Israeli couscous.



On Wednesday I did a bike tour with Urban AdvenTours. The tour I did was the City View tour, which was about three hours long and covered ten miles. We went from the North End to Beacon Hill to Fenway Park to the MFA to the Aquarium. It was a lot of fun and a good way to get out of the house. Our guide was really knowledgeable and I want to do other bike tours in other cities.













After that, I met up with Mom at Quincy Market and we went to Wagamama for dinner. I have loved Wagamama since I went their location in Convent Garden in London last year. It’s fast, yummy, healthy Japanese food. We got the steamed dumplings to share, and then I got the miso beef ramen and Mom got the Crunchy Mango Salmon. All of them were great!




Thursday night I went to see The Fault in Our Stars during the special “Night Before Our Stars” event. I got a special poster and bracelet, and after the movie there was a live-streamed Q&A with the writer of the novel (John Green), the stars (Shaliene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, and Nat Wolff), the producer (Wyck Godfrey) and the director (Josh Boone). The movie itself was beautiful, heart breaking and hilarious. The book is amazing and I recommend that you read it before watching the film adaptation. It is about cancer, but it is not a cancer book/film.

Friday was spent recovering from getting home after midnight the night before. I slept in and watched more Game of Thrones and made a quesadilla. When Mom came home from work, we decided to make some homemade lobster rolls using cooked lobster, mayonnaise, celery, green onions, and tarragon. I didn’t take any pictures because I was too hungry that night to take any! It was so good and satisfying!


Thanks for reading! I’ll be back tomorrow with my weekend adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment