Saturday, June 14, 2014

Museum, Cooking and Food!

Hello everybody! Here is another post of what I did this past week. Tomorrow Mom and I are flying to Washington, D.C. where we are going to meet up with Dad and Emma (my little sister). I am really excited to see them and hang out in the capital!

This past Monday I went to the Isabella Gardner Stewart museum, which is not like any museum that I have ever been to. It originally Isabella’s house where she arranged the art with how she liked it, the rooms are not necessarily organized by country, era or artist. The museum was also the site of one of the biggest art heists in history, when two men stole thirteen paintings and they haven’t been seen since. The museum was very interesting and unique. The Museum of Fine Arts is right around the corner so if you like art, that’s where you want to go.


After the museum I was starving so I looked on Urbanspoon for somewhere to eat and I found Il Mondo. It is a pizza, pasta and sub place. I got the chicken Parmesan sub. I know, very healthy. Anyways, it was very delicious!


Monday night I made dinner from another recipe from the Trader Joe’s cookbook, Curried Israeli Couscous with Apples. We also reheated some of the Piri-Piri chicken from last week for a protein. It was yummy and easy, like the Tortilla Soup.



On Tuesday I went onto Newbury Street to just wander around and read in a coffee shop. I went to Piattini, an Italian restaurant, for lunch. I got the Prosciutto Panini that was a tomato, mozzarella, pesto and prosciutto sandwich on ciabatta. I was surprised that it didn’t come pressed, as that what I think a panini is, but it was still yummy. Everything was fresh and flavorful.




I then walked to Newbury Comics where I looked around; the Game of Thrones merchandise looks amazing! After that I went to Pavement, a coffee shop that I love. I got a tea, sat by the window and read Of Mice and Men. I finished it that night, and really liked it. The play’s adaption was really close to the novel, but I don’t regret not reading it before seeing the play.


Tuesday night, Mom had a work event so I was home alone. I ordered Chicken Ramen from Wagamama and drove to pick it up. As any Wagamama meal, it was delicious and it was great for being home alone.


I again went into Boston on Wednesday for lunch and to read. I walked from Faneuil Hall to the Thinking Cup for lunch. I got a breakfast sandwich with egg, cheese and bacon with a fresh orange juice. Not as good as it could have been, the egg was not freshly made as I expected it to be.


After spending a while in the Thinking Cup writing letters and reading, I felt a bit of a chocolate craving that I needed to address. I knew that there was a bakery around the corner that I’ve been meaning to try, so I packed up and walked over to Bread and Butter. I got the Nutella cookie, which again wasn’t as good as it could have been. I have made Nutella cookies before much better than that one, maybe I’ll do a post on it! I sat by the Greenway, ate my cookie and read About A Boy.


That night Mom and I needed to go Father’s Day shopping, so we went to Burlington Mall. We ate at Bobby’s Burger Palace, and the Bobby is Bobby Flay. We ordered at the counter, took our seats and our food was delivered to us. I got the Brunch Burger (fried egg, bacon and cheddar) and Mom got the Dallas Burger (BBQ sauce, pickles, and coleslaw). Mine was delicious, but Mom said the BBQ sauce on hers was a bit overwhelming saw she took most of it off. We also shared some fries and onion rings . . . Delicious!








Thursday I just went to Wagamama for lunch, I know that I have an addiction to it. Bought ingredients from Whole Foods for dinner and chilled around the apartment. 


For dinner I made Bulhão Pato clams from a recipe from one of my favorite blogs, The Londoner. The clams were really easy to make and really yummy. Mom and I sopped up the delicious white wine and lemon broth using some warm bread until our bellies were full!



Last day, sorry this one was so long! Friday I just hung around the house again and went to Burrito for lunch. I was expecting something like Chipotle, but I was pleasantly surprised that it is different. At around three o’clock, Mom came home early from work and we headed down to Newbury Street. We went to Marshalls, H&M and Anthropology before going to dinner. We went to Piattini (where I went earlier in the week) for a relaxing meal.

First we split the prosciutto and mozzarella small plate. The salad was a bit overdressed, but still good!


Then we split a Caesar Salad that was really good! It had just the right amount of dressing. For my entrée, I got the spinach fettuccini with green beans, pesto and sautéed shrimp. It was different from what I usually order and really fresh tasting. Mom got angel hair pasta with tomatoes, arugula and scallops.



While it was a bit rainy outside, it was still beautiful. There was some fog, and it was cool to see some of the skyscrapers disappear as they got higher. It is also LGBT pride month and a bunch of buildings had rainbow flags or rainbows in the windows.






And that is what I did this week! Wow. That was a long post. I’ll try to keep the word count down! I’m still trying to figure out how I want to organize the blog and what I want to post. Any suggestions? Have a good weekend!

Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment